Blue Shield of California Foundation is proud to announce the 10th cohort of the Clinic Leadership Institute’s (CLI) Emerging Leaders program.
Twenty-eight participants were selected for their commitment and contributions to California's healthcare safety net, and for their readiness to embark upon a new path to leadership. Over the next 18 months, this intensive training program will bring participants together to learn, share, and grow into the prepared and passionate professionals who will help bring our community health centers into the future.
“Community health centers are essential sources of quality care to many Californians,” said Peter Long, president and CEO of Blue Shield of California Foundation. “To best meet the needs of their communities, these health centers need effective leaders. I am confident that this cohort will develop the skills and innovative approaches they need to drive success in a dynamic healthcare safety net landscape—and most importantly, provide the best care possible for those Californians most in need.”
Since 2007, CLI's Emerging Leaders program has produced more than 200 trained leaders across the state. Representing the diverse populations they serve, these dedicated individuals are now using the skills and experiences they gained from CLI to strengthen their organizations and make a difference in their communities.
Joining this distinguished group of alumni are this year's Emerging Leaders:
- Kathy Busenius, United Indian Health Services, Inc.
- Amonroca James, West Oakland Health Center
- Angelica Diaz, Community Health Partnership
- Asa Satariano, San Francisco Medical Center Outpatient Improvement Programs
- Christy Silva, Ravenswood Family Health Center
- Cynthia Selmi, Planned Parenthood Northern California
- Eliot Enriquez, Petaluma Health Center
- Eulalia Valerio, Native American Health Center
- Liz Howe, Axis Community Health
- Niesha Ambeau, St. Anthony Medical Clinic
- Octavio Nevarez, HealthRIGHT 360
- Yudith Vargas Dominguez, Santa Rosa Community Health Centers
- Rachel Sandobal, Salud Para La Gente
- Alyssa Arismendi Alvarez, Community Medical Centers, Inc.
- Christie Gonzales, WellSpace Health
- Lorena Lugo, Golden Valley Health Centers
- Anne Frunk, Pomona Community Health Center
- Carrie Lew, Planned Parenthood of Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley
- Jessica King, Northeast Valley Health Corporation (NEVHC)
- Jorge Galdamez, Altamed Health Services Corporation
- Monica Roque, Los Angeles Christian Health Centers
- Ricardo Ornelas, The Children’s Clinic
- Rigoberto Garcia, Venice Family Clinic
- Adel Syed, UMMA Clinic
Southern California (Inland Empire, Orange County and San Diego)
- Denis Vega Tapia, Community Health Systems, Inc.
- Nannette Stamm, Vista Community Clinic
- Rosa Arellano, North County Health Services
- Beth Malinowski, California Primary Care Association
About Blue Shield of California Foundation
Blue Shield of California Foundation is one of the state’s largest and most trusted grantmaking organizations. Our mission is to improve the lives of all Californians, particularly the underserved, by making health care accessible, effective, and affordable, and by ending domestic violence. For more information visit: www.blueshieldcafoundation.org.
About the Center for the Health Professions at UCSF
Since 1992, the Center has been dedicated to transforming health care by delivering leadership programs to empower change agents at every level and within all sectors of the health care system; and by producing nationally and internationally recognized, unbiased research to help health care decision makers understand today's workforce issues and design actionable strategies to solve them. For more information about the Center, visit: http://futurehealth.ucsf.edu/