Funding Opportunity: Leveraging Collaboration to End Domestic Violence
The application period for this funding opportunity has closed. To stay informed about future funding opportunities, please sign up to receive email updates from us.
As part of our Collaborating for Healthy Communities and Breaking the Cycle of Violence Initiatives, Blue Shield of California Foundation is soliciting proposals that will seek to answer the question:
Specifically, how can we leverage dynamic cross-sector efforts – in concert with community voices and engagement – to mitigate the factors and conditions that fuel and perpetuate domestic violence?
The desired outcomes of this work are:
- To better understand how collaborations engage and address complex issues;
- To understand how to engage sectors in an issue that has been thought of as “private” but actually has a profound impact on all sectors; and
- To build the evidence base for collaboration as an effective approach to prevention of domestic violence.
Through this request for proposals, the Foundation seeks to seed and support multisector collaborations that will focus on the prevention of domestic violence. Collaborations may be existing or new. Regardless of status, all collaboratives will be required to involve and engage those most impacted by the issue to ensure that solutions focus on equity and lived experience; secure commitment from diverse sectors; develop structures and processes to support the collaborative (governance, shared resources, shared outcomes, community accountability); implement data collection and analysis to inform progress and direction; and be committed to self-sustaining the collaborative beyond the grant term.
- View presentation slides
- View request for proposals
- View frequently asked questions
- View webinar recording
Application period has ended.